If you ever have questions about what is safe for your pet it is best to ask! We are here to ensure your pet receives the best and safest medicine. ... See MoreSee Less
This handsome boy came in today because his mom was concerned about tremors that he had developed a few hours before bringing him in. As it turns out his mom applied a drop of flea and tick prevention to his neck earlier that morning. The flea and tick prevention was for dogs, and it contained an ingredient called permethrin which is toxic to cats. The chemical affects the cat's nervous system and can be deadly if not treated. His mom had no idea that this could happen and she let us share her sweet kitty's story to help educate others about the dangers of using chemicals containing pyrethrin on and around cats. We stabilized our feline friend with IV fluids and medications to help with his tremors, and by the end of the night, he was feeling much better!